The Annual St Patrick’s Day Festival begins at 10:00 AM on Thursday, March 17th and ends at midnight on the morning of March 20th, 2016. The Festival Area crowds can require road closures in the interest of public safety.
- River Street Parking Lots will close at 4pm on Tuesday, March 15th and will remain closed throughout the festival.
- River Street will close at 4pm on Wednesday, March 16th to all vehicular traffic and will remain closed throughout the festival.
- Bay Street may close as needed for pedestrian safety as early as 4pm on Wednesday, March 16th.
- City Market area streets will close as needed for pedestrian safety as early as 4pm on Wednesday, March 16th. ( Impacted streets include Congress , Bryan, St Julian, Barnard
- Deliveries to festival area businesses will occur from 6 am to 8 am March 17th and from March 18th and 19th from 7am to 10am.
SCMPD will continuously update this page throughout the Festival to provide you with the most accurate information about road closures, no parking areas, and other festival information. The roads/streets which may be closed to vehicular traffic will appear as either GREEN (OPEN), RED (CLOSED) or YELLOW (OPENING / CLOSING SOON). We will attempt to show parking garage capacity information as well, Parking Garages are shown by a BLUE “P” and will turn YELLOW as they are filling and will be shown as a red ALERT ICON when they are FULL. The best locations to catch a cab are designated on the map with a BLUE CAR icon.
The ferry will be running from 12pm till 1am on Thursday and from 7p,m to 3am on Friday and Saturday will pick up and drop off locations are marked with a BLUE BOAT (Trade Center Landing and the Waving Girl Statue.)
The free shuttle will run 12:00 PM-1:00 AM Thursday and 7:00 PM-3:00 AM Friday and Saturday nights from Indian Street to Hutchinson Island.
SCMPD wants everyone to have a safe and enjoyable St Patrick’s Day Festival. Please remember the following Rules and Safety Tips:
- Designate a Driver- we want you and everyone else to return home safely, please don’t drink and drive.
- If you are bringing your children to the festival area, take a photograph of them on your cellphone with what they are wearing. If your child gets lost it will help SCMPD locate them quickly.
- If you do lose a child NOTIFY THE NEAREST OFFICER. We will take ALL LOST CHILDREN to the RIVER STREET COMMAND POST (Bay St and Bull Ramp next to City Hall)
- While it is legal to drink in the Festival Area you must drink from a plastic cup, you may only have one drink in your hands at a time, you must have a wristband, and you may not bring your own alcohol.
- Parking will be limited in the downtown area, if you can not find space at a parking garage, consider parking at Hutchinson Island and taking the ferry to River Street.