Police Report Retrieval

How do I get a copy of a Police Report?

Anyone can receive a police report by simply coming into the Records Section of SCMPD Monday through Friday from 0800-1700, which is located in the Chatham Annex at 295 Police Memorial Drive. It takes at least 24-hours for incident reports to be processed by the Records Section to be available for the public. Open Records Requests can be made:

  1. In person, at 295 Police Memorial Drive
  2. Via FAX at (912) 525-1748 or
  3. Via email at SCMPDOpenrecords@savannahga.gov . Requests made via email will be fulfilled via email, unless otherwise specified.
  4. Reports can also be obtained by mail. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:

Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department
Records Section
PO Box 8032
Savannah GA 31412

Be sure to include how the department can contact you should questions arise concerning your request.

Some tips to help you in receiving a report:

  • If possible, please keep a copy of the report number that was given to you by the police officer and bring that number with you. It is called the Case Report Number (CRN).
  • If not, you must know the date and exact location where the incident occurred

Police reports are 10 cents per printed page of a requested report. (Please bring adequate change) Reports can be emailed at no cost to the requestor when a valid email is provided.  Please note victims of domestic violence will not be charged for obtaining a copy of a Family Violence Incident Report no matter the method of obtaining the report.

Accident Reports

Motor vehicle accident reports can be retrieved by submitting a signed statement of need to the Records Section of SCMPD, which is located at the Chatham County Annex, 295 Police Memorial Drive.

The Statement of Need may be downloaded by CLICKING HERE and may be submitted:

1. Electronically via E-Mail or,
2. Brought to the records window at the 295 Police Memorial Drive

Accident reports can also be obtained by going to www.buycrash.com and following the instructions on the website. To retrieve a report from the internet you will need to know one of the involved party’s names, the date of the collision and the agency that took the report OR the VIN of one of the vehicles involved.