Welcome to the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department Citizen’s Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. If you can answer yes to all of the following, then you may file an online report using this system. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen’s Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department City limits or unincorporated Chatham County area? There is an exception for Identity Fraud (you only have to reside in Chatham County to file an Identity Fraud report – it is not necessary to know exactly where it occurred).
- The incident did not occur inside a city within Chatham County with its own police department:
- Garden City
- Port Wentworth
- Georgia Ports Authority
- Savannah State University
- Armstrong State Univeristy
- There are no known suspects?(description and/or name) or suspect vehicle descriptions (tag numbers).
- There is no physical evidence to collect or process.
- The incident is not regarding the theft or loss of ID and/or identification documents (passports, consular ID) issued by foreign governments.
- The theft of a firearm is not involved.
If the incident occurred outside of Chatham County or within the city limits of one of the above cities/campuses, you must contact the agency in that jurisdiction. If you have an incident that does not fit the above criteria, or you still desire an officer to contact you or come to your location, then please call the non-emergency number: 912-652-6500.
Using the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department Police Online Citizen’s Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:
- Abandoned/Derelict vehicle
- Identity Fraud (use of individual or business information to commit a financial crime).
- Criminal Trespass (vandalism or damage to property $500 or less).
- Criminal Damage to Property in the Second Degree (vandalism or damage to property greater than $500 with no danger to human life or involving a utility like water, gas, or power).
- Theft of Lost or Mislaid Property.
- Traffic Complaints.
- Vacation request – extra patrol.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on “Select Incident” to begin. If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department (Emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 912-652-6500) to file your report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizen’s Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Please remember that filing a false police report is a crime.
Powered by Coplogic’s Online Citizen Police Reporting