The Alcohol Beverage Compliance (ABC) Unit
The ABC unit is composed of officers and civilians who work closely with the said partnerships. The ABC Unit educates alcohol establishments on how to comply with the local and state alcohol ordinances. The ABC Unit works with the federal, state and local law enforcement agencies throughout the state on underage alcohol sales. ABC also conducts operations for special events or festivals where alcohol-related disturbances tend to occur.
The Mission of The ABC Unit
Our mission is to improve the quality of life in Savannah Chatham County area though the fair and impartial enforcement of laws and regulations governing the serving, selling, distribution, and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
ABC Unit Partnerships
- City Revenue Department
- City Zoning Department
- City Fire Marshal Department
- Chatham County Department of Building Safety
- Savannah City Council
- Chatham County Commissioners
- City & County Property Maintenance.
- Georgia Department of Revenue Alcohol & Tobacco Division
- Process alcohol license applications
- Process special event permits
- Investigate complains
- Conduct covert and overt compliance operations
- Conduct yearly compliance check of Sunday sales
- Prepare reports and attend Administrative Hearings after numerous violations
- Prepare reports, testify, and attend Show Cause Hearings at City Council
- Attend neighborhood meetings concerning alcohol issues and businesses that are petitioning for an alcohol license.
Compliance/Inspection Checks: Inspect for violations of the City’s Alcohol Ordinance and regulations.
Underage Alcohol Sales: Investigate the sale to and consumption of alcohol by underage individuals.
Alcohol Beverage and Compliance Unit Contact Info
Office: SCMPD Headquarters
201 Habersham St
Office Phone: (912) 525-3100 Ext: 1633
City of Savannah Alcohol Ordinance
Alcohol License Links:
City Link: http://www.savannahga.gov/index.aspx?NID=546